"Hamburg Summit: China meets Europe"
The ninth edition of the most important Sino-European conference, the "Hamburg Summit: China meets Europe" will take place in autumn 2021. We are pleased to have created a top-class platform for communication between Chinese and European representatives from politics and business in the form of the Hamburg Summit.
The "Hamburg Summit" was initiated and organised by the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce and took place for the first time in 2004. The conference is a platform for an open dialogue between Europe and China aiming to improve the economic relations and the understanding of each other. Since its implementation, the “Hamburg Summit“ has served as a prominent platform to discuss the main trends and questions regarding Sino-European business relations among politics, business, academic and administrative circles.
In 2018, we are very proud that Mr. Liu He, Vice-Premier of the State Council of the People's Republic of China honoured the "Hamburg Summit" as the Chinese government's official representative. We are also delighted that Mrs. Margrethe Vestager, Commissioner for Competition attended the "Hamburg Summit" as the European Commission's representative. The German government was represented by Mr. Andreas Scheuer, Federal Minister of Transport and Digital Infrastructure. The Chinese Co-initiator of the “Hamburg Summit“, the industrial organisation China Federation of Industrial Economic (CFIE), once again brought along high-ranking business delegations to Hamburg.
The ninth "Hamburg Summit" was planned for autumn 2020, but had to be postponed by one year due to the corona pandemic. The next "Hamburg Summit" will take place in autumn 2021.
6 reasons to attend the conference
- The “Hamburg Summit” is the major conference on Sino-European business.
- Exchange ideas among high-ranking international officials and business representatives on a level playing field.
- Interact with Chinese and European leaders from politics, business and academia:
Chinese Deputy Prime Ministers, European Commissioners and German Ministers have participated in every “Hamburg Summit”; in 2006 and 2014 even the Chinese Prime Minister himself attended.
- New Clients, New Customers, New Business. The exclusive circle of approx. 500 participants offers a variety of new business options.
- Boost your business in the European or Chinese market and receive first-hand information on the latest developments and trends in Sino-European economic relations.
- Foster existing international or national contacts, by meeting them to the conference.